To toto is an Italian term meaning tooth. In toto this implies that all the tissue removed for medical investigation was placed on a slide and carefully examined under the x-ray microscope. A tissue sample taken from a human body should be placed on at least one or more x-ray slides before a pathologist can examine it under an x-ray microscope for pathology.
– Tissue samples taken from humans and other animals are placed on slides in a petri dish. The slides are made of a smooth, solid plastic film with a hole in the center. The inside of the film is filled with fluorescent dye solution. The dye has been shown to show the presence of various cells and tissues. The dye can also show the intensity of cell activity. The cells absorb various wavelengths of radiation, which is used by the pathologists to identify the type of tissue.
– Another way to differentiate one type of tissue from another is by using contrast dye. Fluorescent dyes have the ability to absorb certain colors. The contrast dye is added to the toto plate and viewed under the x-ray microscope to reveal the contrast. Contrast is a good method of diagnosing tissue damage, diseases or abnormalities and is used frequently in the diagnosis of diseases such as cancer and degenerative disorders.
– A toto specimen is considered to be a white blood cell (white cell) specimen. Toxoplasma gondii is a protozoan parasite that causes a variety of diseases that include infections and chronic inflammation of the digestive tract. It is associated with abnormalities in blood cells and blood vessels. Toxoplasma gondii is not only found in cats; it is present in other animals, too. An example of a toto specimen that contains toxoplasma gondii is a red, brittle bone caused by arthritis. Antibiotics have helped to treat this disease, so you may consider testing your cat for toxoplasmosis, too.
– Ultrasound technology is used to diagnose and monitor many conditions and diseases. An example of an examination using ultrasound is the Sonogram TM. This procedure is performed to detect the presence of abnormal cellular growths in the body. These abnormal growths can be cancerous or benign. Other types of ultrasonic examinations that may be used in the veterinary health setting are the Anal Manometry, Anal Electromyography and vascular ultrasound procedures. You can find additional articles about veterinary medicine and ultrasound by visiting our website.
– The most important thing to remember is that any abnormal readings or changes should be reported immediately to your veterinarian. A toto specimen should be processed and sent to a lab for analysis right away. Don’t wait to see if your cat will test positive because it could mean that something else is wrong. Your vet will be able to get to the bottom of your cat’s problem and help it find relief from its suffering.